• Home
  • Anime
  • Tech
  • Games
  • Portfolio
  • About

September 19, 2011

Fall 2011 Anime Preview



The next new season of Anime is starting up this week, here is what I'm looking forward to:

I will probably end up only watching a few of these, but all Anime in this list will receive the standard 2 episode grace period before final judgement. On that note, here we go!

The Ugly (These will probably be really bad.):
Busou Shinki Moon Angel

Producers: TNK, Kinema Citrus

This is an Anime based on a series of Sky Girls-like figures. I always thought the figures were cool, but the chances of this Anime being any good are slim.

Persona 4 The Animation

Producers: Aniplex, AIC A.S.T.A.

Really? When has anything like this ever been good? Despite the fact that it is going against impossible odds, a well made Persona Anime would be fantastic, so I'll give this a chance.

The Bad (These sound bad, but you never know~):
Ben-To

Producers: AIC Build

SEGA gamer competes in some silly supernatural contest for a half-priced bento? WTF!?

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai

Producers: AIC Build

A Visual Novel adaptation about a bunch of socially challenged kids that make a club in an attempt to make friends. Sounds cute, we'll see.

C³ - CubexCursedxCurious

Producers: Starchild Records, Silver Link

Erm. What? The title is pretty interested to say the least, I almost decided to pass this one up because it sounds like this season's super fan service Anime, but the trailer reminds me of 11Eyes so maybe it will be decent?

Kimi to Boku

Producers: J.C. Staff, Aniplex

This might be funny. It seems to lack any female cast, but with the ongoing inundation of K-ON style Moeblobs, I don't really care.

Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon

Producers: Sunrise

I doubt that I'll be watching this "for some reason school students are better than soldiers" Anime because Zero no Tsukaima should sate any craving I get for such this season. The title sounds cool though so I'll give it a chance.

Mashiro-iro Symphony

Producers: Manglobe

This will probably be another shallow ecchi Anime, but since I like the character design I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. It is based on a praised Visual Novel and produced by Manglobe so that gives it a leg up. On the off(not really)-chance that I am right, anyone who enjoys this sort of thing should find plenty of it this and every season for quite some time.

Mirai Nikki

Producers: Asread

A TV series adaptation of popular Manga that was adapted into a poor OVA last year. The Anime itself sounds fairly interesting, but after seeing it on just about every season list for the last year and it never actually airing, I'm hoping the production won't be shoddy.

Working'!!

Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, NIS America, Inc.

I really liked the first season because I felt like it ENDED. I guess not though, I don't think I'll be watching it again.

The Good (These sound good but, again, you never know.):
Guilty Crown

Producers: Production I.G

Your typical sci-fi distopia story with high school age characters. The story sounds interesting enough, and the music will be done by Supercell (Although the last time I followed a song of theirs to an Anime, I found Cencoroll /swt). And yes, I do think he is fondling her with his magical hand of sorts.

Phi Φ Brain: Kami no Puzzle

Producers: Sunrise

This sounds like another trippy Anime along the lines of Deadman Wonderland from a couple season ago. But more importantly, May'n is doing the music and Satou Junichi is directing.

Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi 2

Producers: Studio Deen

WHAT!? THERE'S YAOI ON THIS PAGE!? Yes. I actually enjoyed the first season, I thought it was pretty funny. What is a straight guy doing watching Yaoi you ask? Well first and foremost, it is one of the few genres I can watch with my girlfriend without her falling asleep. Second, have any of you watched any legit Yuri Anime like Aoi Hana? It's REALLY boring. The little known reason behind this is that any quality homosexual Anime's target audience is the sex involved, not the opposite.

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume

Producers: Diomedea

The second season of our favorite squid girl's failed attempts at taking over the human world. I haven't finished the first season yet and therefore won't be watching this, but I thought it was pretty funny, so I'll leave this here for those interested.

Tamayura ~Hitotose~

Producers: TYO Animations

At first glance, this Anime bleeds super boring slice of life. After reading a little further down the page I found that it is being directed by Satou Junichi, famous for his "Healing Anime" genre with titles like Aria the Origination. It will probably still feel "boring" but it will likely leave you feeling chill after each and every episode. Something good to watch when you're having a bad day.

UN-GO

Producers: BONES

Yet another detective Anime in the recent trend started by Gosick. While I had previously decided to stay away from any new detective Anime this season, BONES never lets me down!


The Great (There is a 100% chance I will be watching these.):
Fate/Zero

Producers: Aniplex, ufotable

A prequel to Fate/Stay Night, this Anime will elaborate on the Grail War prior. Normally, this would fall under "The Good" because I wasn't overly fond of the first one.This time however, ufotable is handling the animation and that icing on the cake is enough to bump this up to the top!

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam

Producers: Gonzo, FUNimation Entertainment

Watch this, everyone. The first Last Exile was amazing and I'm sure this will be too. There will be little to no connection between the two so you won't have had to watch the original to enjoy this.

Shakugan no Shana III (Final)

Producers: J.C. Staff

OMG GUYS HERE WE GO THE END IS FINALLY HERE! If you haven't started watching this show yet, then I challenge you to finish it before this airs on October 8th!

Zero no Tsukaima: Kessakusen (Final)

Producers: J.C. Staff

OMG GUYS HERE WE GO THE END IS FINALLY HERE! Wait, what!? There was supposed to be 2x Rie tsundere action this season, but Noboru Yamaguchi was diagnosed with cancer and both the Anime and Manga's future were in danger. He recently had a successful operation and now it's back on! Albeit delayed until 2012, the final series' October timeslot will be filled with select episodes from previous seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment